'98 nv3500 slave cylinder bleeding issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ferretpatrol

Reaction score
Hey so I'm trying to add fluid to my clutch system for the first time and I'm having trouble getting any to actually come through. I've heard in some places that I need to compress the throwout bearing/slave cylinder to get the bubbles out. Is that the case, and do I have to drop to tranny (again) to accomplish that or can i move it with a screwdriver or something.

Jonf

Reaction score
Hey so I'm trying to add fluid to my clutch system for the first time and I'm having trouble getting any to actually come through. I've heard in some places that I need to compress the throwout bearing/slave cylinder to get the bubbles out. Is that the case, and do I have to drop to tranny (again) to accomplish that or can i move it with a screwdriver or something.
On my 91 with an exterior slave cyl, I held the clutch pedal to the floor with a 2×4 while I pulled the air out.