98 k1500 oil pan?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone pull a oil pan off with out either dropping the front diff or pulling engine? Looks like there is almost enuff room. Thanks

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
you can try rotateing the diff down but i removed mine
front diff comes off and the hole job can be done in a day...i did mains, rod bearings and a oil pump in my driveway and i was driveing it that nite

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I was afraid the diff would have to come down. I don't have to do all that just new pan gasket and timing cover got a little leak.

chiefmorton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the same problem with my 98, have a few leaks and need to replace the pan gasket. I was gonna tackle this job last month and keep putting it off. I have also been told another option is to jack the engine up just a little bit and you can get the pan out. I really need to just bit the bullet and get this done I'm tired of the drips.

popcorn501

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I'm starting a new job week from this Monday and will be in a company truck so I'm ready to get at them leaks. It's real bad about a quart between oil changes but still want it fix right.