98 Chevy K1500 brake light problems.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So as the title says, i've been having brake light problems.. Whenever I have to push on the brakes hard my emergency brake light on the dash comes on, and I loose my brake lights when stopping. My guess is just a wiring problem but I don't know where I would start to check this? Idk if it matters but my brake pedal is very soft and can easily be pushed all the way to the floor, and I had a friend follow me to drop the truck off somewhere, and she drove with the e-brake on the entire time, so maybe she caused it to happen? Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks.

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Try bleeding the brakes, sounds like you have air in the system. could be just the back but you should go all the way around. That said these trucks are common for getting air in the abs system it not wanting to come out.

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The light on the dash has two functions, It tells you your Parking brake is set and it tells you if you have a brake problem,witch you already know. Low brake pressure will set that light. A leak in the system or air in the system will cause low brake pressure. Is the Master full?