98 c1500 manual locks and windows to electric.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derek Huss

Reaction score
So I have a 98 c1500 all manual. I have a 96 k1500 all electric as a donation truck for parts......any advice I know it seems like a nightmare getting the wires all off the old fuse block....
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You don't need to. The wire harness for the doors plugs into the convenience center. Pull down the dash enough to pull out the harness, unplug it, swap the door stuff, drop the new harness in and plug it in. The 96-99 convenience centers are the same. Only thing you'll have to check and make sure the two silver circuit breakers are in your fuse box. My truck already had them before I converted. You'll have to make a splice for the door lights, and I think the speaker wire harness needed a repin on the right side? It's been a while lol. But it's exceedingly easy to swap.

Derek Huss

Reaction score
You don't need to. The wire harness for the doors plugs into the convenience center. Pull down the dash enough to pull out the harness, unplug it, swap the door stuff, drop the new harness in and plug it in. The 96-99 convenience centers are the same. Only thing you'll have to check and make sure the two silver circuit breakers are in your fuse box. My truck already had them before I converted. You'll have to make a splice for the door lights, and I think the speaker wire harness needed a repin on the right side? It's been a while lol. But it's exceedingly easy to swap.

Derek Huss

Reaction score
Thanks man I'm about to go tear into it....i got the door wires all in my truck, but not even close gettimg.the wires.out.that go to the fuse block....thinking about taking all the power accessories I currently have 94 bucket seats with center console.....might try making them power with lumbar