98 C1500 5.7 fuel pump not getting power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikemc422

Reaction score
We replaced the relay, and tested the new and old one and even bypassed it to try to get power to the pump, but it’s losing power somewhere between the fuse box and the pump (Gray and purple wires at pump not getting power) the pump is also new, and as far as I can tell the wire harness was not opened from the engine compartment back. Since the truck first died, the pump had been intermittently working (it’d work sometimes but only for a minute at most) and for a few months before the truck died on the side of the road there seemed to be a fuel delivery issue (starving for fuel at full throttle and wouldn’t allow passing gear to kick in on highway). Now the truck won’t start at all and the pump never kicks in, and we already cleaned off and reconnected the ground wire near the gas tank under the bed. Any ideas? As far as I can tell there’s no anti theft issue (security light shuts off) and I couldn’t find any threads or videos where there’s power at the relay but not at the pump.