97 vortec with an LT4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my truck needs head gaskets. I always said I would build something when the time came to pull the motor. The original has 300,000km on it and I have a line on a fresh crate 350 that's had some work done already for $1500. Ill be getting some details in a few days such as cam specs (I think its an lt4) and rockers, springs, locks, everything on top the bottom has not been touched. So here's my main question, what will I have to do to make this thing run in my 97 after I swap my STOCK intake onto it. Obviously its not just going to fire up and run like a dream (I wish), and can I even make it pass emissions (to anyone that needs to do emissions testing to their trucks)

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Personally, I would do a 411 swap, either change the intake to TPI, or something other than the stock POS. There are so many problems with the stock one. If you do the PCM swap and manny, it will run just fine.