97 K1500 missing under load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Well just to clarify what the problem was, I dropped the fuel tank down and pulled the sending unit out and found the sock was covered in a gel substance. I ended up putting a new sock, tank, acdelco fuel pump and filler neck while I was there. This did resolve the problem tho I think I would have been fine with just another sock. I'm not entirely sure what the gel was? I was thinking maybe the ethanol breaking something down?? Anywho thanks for all the help.

Do you use the cheap high ethanol gas? That stuff gel's up like diesel fuel.

Paulpolar600

Reaction score
The reservation gas so yes I'd imagine that constitutes as cheap. What would be recommended ? Mobil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I don't know the stations up your way so I don't know.

The cheap gas would be fine but I'm guessing it's starting to get a lot colder in your parts. Putting a bottle of Heat into every tank should help it a lot.

Since we own a yard and have to get rid of waste gas I use a lot of the stuff that isn't really old in my junker vehicles. It's a mix of everything out there and is crappy gas most of the time. A bottle of heat into every tank helps a lot.