96TwoDoor's Square Bodies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Well as some of you guys know I got rid of my Tahoe last year. I deployed shortly after and put it up in storage while I was gone. Now that I am back Im getting to work on both my 78 and may old junky dually. Even though I dont currently have an obs this is still my favorite forum so I thought I make a thread here. Ill start with my 78, my dad did a lot of work while I was gone so now its a relible driver WITH AIR CONDTIONING so now I just have to focus on making it look better. The grandpa looks doesnt do much for me so the plan is to lower it 4/6 and put some widened rallies with some meats on it. My dually is still very much my beater, I enjoy driving it and not having to worry about door dings and whatnot. I have a donor I'm going pull the big block and build it for my black dually, Nothing crazy just a strong pulling motor that sounds good. I know it will suck on gas ( it does already) so that is not a concern. I'm aiming for a good tow pig / beater that will pull anything and look kinda cool doing it. I plan on re flat blacking the whole truck and powdercoating the wheels candy red. One day I might paint the rood a bass boat red flake but that is a long way off. Anyway onto some pics.

Last time I saw my 78 before I deployed.
You must be registered for see images attach

While I was gone my pops got my seat recovered and put new carpet in. The wires hanging down are speaker wires that my dad while he had it apart.

I bought a factory tach while I was gone and installed it when I was home in Texas

The only thing ive done since I got back it put my new bumper on, much better than the big ole step bumper.
Crappy pic but you get the idea

Ive done the majority of the work on my dually since I've been back. Pulled the bed and fixed the backwards notch

you can kinda see the weird notch in this pic

Ive also rebuilt the steering from the rag joint to the tie rods, pretty boring but so no pics, all I've done since is make it one color

one pic of my donor truck ( you can see the OBS I'd like to buy next in the background)

its good to be back on GMT

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
I also forgot to throw in a pic of my rear bumper I threw on my dually, looks much better!

and with the orange hood

and after

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:wave: round eye swap that dually!

The 78 looks great, can't wait to see it with the drop.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
:wave: round eye swap that dually!

The 78 looks great, can't wait to see it with the drop.

Thanks man, I HATE my phantom but Ill Probably just put a stock 85-87 grill in it,have best of both worlds. I like round eyes but not enough to do all the work of swapping it all. I have all the parts to drop my short bed, just need the time. I forgot a pic of my wheels :)

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get'er did mayne! What parts you using for the drop?

I don't think you've seen, I finished my flip kit finally an went to swap springs up front an everything was shot! I had all moog front end parts left from my K5 project, so I'm slowly rebuilding it now. I did have to order offset cross shafts for the uppers though.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Get'er did mayne! What parts you using for the drop?

I don't think you've seen, I finished my flip kit finally an went to swap springs up front an everything was shot! I had all moog front end parts left from my K5 project, so I'm slowly rebuilding it now. I did have to order offset cross shafts for the uppers though.

No I havent, I've been so busy since I've been back,I'm amped your back working on it. Im using mcgaughys for my drop

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you gonna do new bushings in your arms? Might want to look at those shafts if you are. They give you an additional 1 1/4* of positive camber without shims. Moog number is K6184. Don't buy them from Amazon though :rofl:

I got one back together tonight. I'll paint it when I get home this morning. I'm not looking forward to the lowers though...

How its sitting now. Pitman is off now to.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
No man is sure didn't , actually I'm not entirely sure how to get the cross shafts out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2