Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum. I found this k3500 on offerup down in LA and picked it up for 1500 bucks, posted a video to YouTube. Gonna be getting her ready to be a daily, she has sat for 9yrs so she needs some love, comments appreciated!!!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have found that when someone says it just needs (insert issue here), it's always more than you expect. Hope for the best, expect the worst is my philosophy. However, for 1500, a very nice buy. I am confident with some time and love, you can make a nice running rig out of it. Good luck and keep us posted!

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you run it at all or heard it run? If not while the plugs are out a little lightweight oil in each plug hole would not be a bad idea. If you have run it at all then this would not be needed. New wires and plugs will be good. Looks like a nice truck and well worth what you paid. As a California truck it likely has little rust. You may have a few extra hoops to jump through with inspection but once past that it should serve you for a long time. Good luck!

Reaction score
Have you run it at all or heard it run? If not while the plugs are out a little lightweight oil in each plug hole would not be a bad idea. If you have run it at all then this would not be needed. New wires and plugs will be good. Looks like a nice truck and well worth what you paid. As a California truck it likely has little rust. You may have a few extra hoops to jump through with inspection but once past that it should serve you for a long time. Good luck!

Yea, the truck runs pretty good actually. I put a new fuel pump in it and it fired right up. I'm having trouble figuring out where the two plugs go that I showed in the video. I also have an issue with the speedo not working. The tach works fine, but it will not shift out of 2nd gear. I'm assuming because the cpu cant read the speed.