95 extended cab K1500 body swap on to a 99 suburban K1500 chassis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cj93z

Reaction score
Has anyone out there tried it? I'm not worried about the bed since I'm going to run a custom flatbed. I assume the front clip area is a no brainer but the cab itself if probably going to require a little more work. Maybe so extra body mounts?

Thanks,
Chris

Detroitpower

Reaction score
You will need to make 4 cab mounts, the front cab mounts are the same as are the rad supports. the second set of cab mounts are close-ish to the height of the front ones, but the rear cab mounts are a fair amount taller and you should put a crossmember there too. Use the mounts off the cab and dont mix them up as some are different heights. Id get some angle iron or whatever and clamp it or tack crossways across the frame, one under the front cab mounts, one near the back of the cab and make the rear mounts when you have the cab sitting at equal heights.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
sounds like a good idea if ya do it take lots of pics

cj93z

Reaction score
All the decent extended cabs I can find have a ton of miles and are 2 wheel drive. I have a nice 99 K1500 suburban with no title and I need some of the body parts for another suburban so instead of just scrapping the chassis I was thinking about doing a swap...

Im wondering why your wanting to change it?