94 K1500 (the redheaded step child that gets beat)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodeRed26

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I supposed id make a build thread on my 4x4, first off her name is Burtha hahaha shes a 1994 Chevrolet K1500 ECSB 5.7L TBI with a built TCI automotive 4L60E blue in color matching blue interior center console style. This is what she looked like when I first bought her (well keep a tally of cost goin)
Initial cost-$1200
You must be registered for see images attach

Beside the women's truck

very first mod was the 3in body lift and Energy suspension cab mounts $380

checking out the flex in her

First time mudding with the lift kit didn't go over to good

Toe rope broke and well atleast the grille caught it and not the windshield

doesn't look bad but it blew the headlight apart blew the backside of the turn signal apart dented the rad support pretty bad and cracked the grille in about 20 different spots ended up getting a grille off one of my other trucks and through it on along with stock turn signals and headlights

couple cleaned up pics

next mod was to get the exhaust done, when I got the truck it just had a turn down off the flowmaster 40 horrible sound IMO, welded the tail pipe on aswell as the tip sounds/looks a lot better (will be 100 times better when I put 3in true dual and a magnaflow)

had to break it in with some rubber

Gave the black rims to the girlfriend for her birthday(had plans to go 15x10s anyhow) and in the mean time got a set of NBS stock rims with 285/85 Nitto Dune grapplers for $300

next mod was roll bar and led light bar $280

and next was a cowl hood for $450

got some new fenders, headlights, and LED turn signals(also changed the rad support which was dented all to hell from the 4x4ing incident) fender flares had to go aswell not my style totalling $400

After going to work for a few months (seismic oil field) came home and had to treat her to some new shoes
Ultra wheels 185 Baja Champ 15x10 -44 offset rims rapped with Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ 35/12.5s totalling $1900

3 days after getting them had to get em dirty surprised me throughing softball size hunks of mud atleast 25 foot in the air

then came the first time getting stuck about a week later lol

a buddy came to pull me out (93 ECSB 350 crate engine 325 HP nv3500 3in body lift 35s) and sadly the power got the best of his truck

front diff completely exploded sent shards everywhere made horrible noises and also some how bent the center link pretty bad went and got another buddies 88 SCLB 4in lift 33s stockish 350 and yanked mine out finally

all the dmg to my buddies front end finally pushed him to through the 6in RCX suspension lift in his truck

some flexing

the latest thing I did was replace all the upper/lower balljoints, inner/outer tie rods,idler arm/idler arm frame bracket and a wheel alignment $500 and this is how she sits as of a week ago(latest pic)

just picked up a really good shape box im going to put on here in a week or so for $150
so all in all with buying the truck im into it for right around $5600 and still going haha
more updates as we go!​