94 k1500 lights issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello so I had to redo a couple wires for my lights on my truck. However I accidently put one in the wrong spot and really messed things up. I heard a little pop and now my headlights dont come on, the front turn signal bulbs dont illuminate solid when the lights are on and also when I take the key out of the ignition with the lights on it no longer beeps at me. Did i fry the switch or is something in the wiring now ****** up?

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
did you check your fuses ?
Theres no fuses that I see for it, it's an aftermarket setup that the previous owner put in. I think he may have done a horrible job with it. Also my gauge cluster lights are not coming on with the switch. I may have fried the switch.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not getting power to either of the headlights, tested with a testlight.

JPVortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sure enough it was a fuse. I went to go check the switch. The orange wire should have constant power from the 20 amp parking light fuse but it wasnt getting power. So I went to the parking lamp fuse and sure enough it was burnt bad.