94 k1500 exhaust redo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking at redoing my exhaust. I want to hollow out my cat, get a set of shortie headers. I'm open to sugestions on brands or parts. Need the cat to remain in place for inspection but I will pass smog with it hollow. Currently I have a flow master 40 with no tips. I want to dump it over the rear axle. I do not know what muffler I want. I've had a cherry bomb extream muffler and like it but was a little too loud for me. Any suggestions welcome. What parts should I look at

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I'm looking at redoing my exhaust. I want to hollow out my cat, get a set of shortie headers. I'm open to sugestions on brands or parts. Need the cat to remain in place for inspection but I will pass smog with it hollow. Currently I have a flow master 40 with no tips. I want to dump it over the rear axle. I do not know what muffler I want. I've had a cherry bomb extream muffler and like it but was a little too loud for me. Any suggestions welcome. What parts should I look at

I used summit racing headers ( SUM-G9014 ) which are actually pacesetters. I have a hollowed cat and out the side of my truck in front of the rear wheel.

Sent from Robl@nd

kidd666

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you go out on both sides or just one

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a '94 with true duals, header back (which are shorty pacesetters), with dual high flow cats and dual flowmaster 40s... Thinking about adding an x-pipe and some resonators. It sounds really good now, super deep... Not poppy even a little bit, which is thanks to the cats. If you hollow out your cat, its going to get poppy.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I would add an x-pipe. It balances out the banks and will give you a few ponies.

Sent from Robl@nd