94-95 guys with the 5.7 or 5.0 get in here

factory wire kit for 94-95 5.7/5.0

• Delphi XS 10222

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Ac Delco 718D

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Trying to settle a debate, I believe these delphi packard XS10222 are the factory ignition wires for the 94-95 trucks with the 5.7 and 5.0, but this clown says no no ac delco 718d :facepalm:

By the rare chance someone still has their originals, a pic would be great.

Delphi XS10222

You must be registered for see images attach

ac delco 718d

*update in post #5

Last edited:

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
dang nab it- just threw mine away... I think the originals are still in the burb outside, but that just left for the otherside of the state :nono:

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After looking into it, AC Delco parts in today's market are not necessarily factory anymore. They could be or they could be from another supplier. If you want the sure bet, get Delphi. In this case we know the Delphi/Packard wires are oem and people have said their original wires from the factory said packard. Compared to the AC Delco wires that look different physically with the boots and writing, we would have to conclude they are not the same product and it is unknown who makes the AC Delco wires today. Now if you had bought Delco wires back in the 90's then yes they could be the same as the Delphi, but things have changed with the companies. When I looked into the cap/rotor for Delphi vs AC Delco, those are identical so it doesnt matter. The AC Delco Cap/Rotor is just a repackaged Delphi. Fuel pump is the same way, an AC Delco fuel pump is a repackaged Delphi, so get either one whatever you can find cheaper, doesnt matter. I hope this helps, gotta be careful nowadays.

Last edited:

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had trouble with new AC Delco wires, I'll only buy Delphi ones now.

Nice, even supports the statements above more.

Did your Delphi/Packard wires come labeled with the numbers? The AC Delco seem to not.