'90 Suburban 7.4L --- 3 questions on some issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevehayes01

Reaction score
Hey so the truck is a 1990 7.5L R2500 Suburban 3/4 Ton and I had a few questions was hoping to get some advice on.

1. Oil Pressure Switch/Sender - So my oil pressure gauge reads about the same thing no matter if its cold or hot so thinking I have a bad oil pressure switch/sender. The gauge always reads between 40-45psi. Thoughts?

2. Noisy A/C compressor - So I was told by the PO that there is an optional upgrade I could do to stop the vibration/noise from my A/C compressor. It sounds like a bad frame vibration or like holding a belt sander to the frame. here is a clip of the compressor both running and not running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gFlDVgKjn5A

3. What is this part? --- Sits right above the starter and goes straight to the block with 1 wire connecting to it. (on another forum it was referenced to the knock sensor)

You must be registered for see images attach

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me it almost sounds like your compressor is about to go out but I'm not positive on that

The Part with 1 wire IS your Knock Sensor.

stevehayes01

Reaction score
Yeah was thinking that the compressor is on the down side of its life......well time to start looking for the replacement. The A/C has started to have intermittent times when it gets a little warm and then cools down but its always loud with a bad vibration.

stevehayes01

Reaction score
Also it looks to me like part of your knock sensor is busted off

Yeah it should look like this.......

And the connector is busted as well so I will be buying both soon along with a new oil pressure switch.