88-94 aux input for stock radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had this on my '94 until I removed it in favor of a bluetooth receiver. It plugs into the bottom of the factory radio where the harness from the tape deck plugs in. The red button "mutes" the radio (similar to inserting a tape) and allows you to play music from your aux device. This uses a factory "blank panel" under the HVAC control unit. I used the one on the far right side. Using this prevent you from using your tape deck, but it is just a plug in, so you can go back to your tape deck and listen to your Def Leppard tape whenever you need to :)

$50 shipped to USA and Canada. Paypal please.

You must be registered for see images attach

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Will the plug in be there for a 88-94 radio with no cd player? I wonder if not im thinking installing a 88-94 radio with a cd player would work then... Or maybe not

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have never seen an 88-94 with a factory CD player. I'm pretty sure all the radios had the plug for the tape deck. I will take a picture of the plug in on my radio and you can verify if yours is the same.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Oh i meant cassette. Mine doesnt have cassette, just am/fm... Lol i just dont wanna relocate the radio, i like it in the stock location. If there was a radio that would fit that would be awesome.. I just want my ipod to work

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If your radio looks like this:

Then you are good to go. The empty socket there is where this plugs in to. The smaller plug to the right is where the display of the radio plugs in to. For reference this is just above the gas pedal. Let me know.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, the only reason I'm not jumping on this is because since I have the radio with the Digital EQ, the EQ would no longer work, and all the music would be very flat and lifeless.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Or just use the EQ in the device you connect. I never bothered, it's no different than plugging headphones into your phone or ipod and listening that way.