6 lug to 8 lug adaptors ? Input...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BiGUgly

Reaction score
Got me a ol 92 2500 but it's one of them 6 lug trucks. I wanted a 8 lug but couldn't pass this one up for the price plus it already had a 6+3 on it. I want to run those military 37s with the bead lock wheels. I know some aren't wild about spacers/adaptors and I know I've read some like em fine. Is it a bad idea to go this route or just do like my buddies and buy some steel 16.5 6 lug wheels

yossarian19

Reaction score
Best is to get new wheels. Ivegot many miles on spacers / adapters though and would run them without worrying. Loctite and a torque wrench are all you need for a worry free install.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

BiGUgly

Reaction score
No like I said in not swapping all those parts just to have to run 2" spacers anyways. I'm going to run the adaptors if I do it.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I don't like 'em, but you're at least planning steel which is a good thing.

Remember to keep checking the torque on them until they fully "bed in".

Also, if you plan to beat onit , remember that what you essentially have is a 1500 with a semifloating rear axle. The front diff and suspension is all 1/2 ton except for the torsion bars....frame is 1/2 ton sized too....

BiGUgly

Reaction score
Yeah I had a 2004 Z I swapped a 14 SF in it. That truck was a beast. CV axle eatin machine in 4 lo but 4.88 gears and just 315s made for some pretty low end torque lol

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
With the military beadlocks you need to run at least 2" spacers all around anyway. They are HEAVY, so be easy on it with the 1/2ton axles and you should be fine.

BiGUgly

Reaction score
Does anyone know how far you can air those down before they start givin ya fits on regular steel wheels ?