6 liter questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So today I started tearing into my 03 3500 work van I bought for my company I looked hard at it today thinking I was going to fix the "few" things wrong with it but ,no such luck the van is a lost cause it's a good thing I paid damn near nothing for it :beatdeadhorse5:: So it gave me another idea:evillol: My 95 short bed sure could use a new engine . I have been looking around and the actual motor swap is no biggie but I have a few questions

1 What size flywheel with using an nv3500 and can I use a stock clutch

2 Had anyone found an answer for the fuel gauge problem keeping the ecm happy and the gauge

3 I have to keep it emissions legal so I have to use the purge and all . The wires for the motor should be plug and play right?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1 What size flywheel with using an nv3500 and can I use a stock clutch. I believe it is a Sachs 1050, you have to pull the dowels out to run a standard SBC clutch.

2 Had anyone found an answer for the fuel gauge problem keeping the ecm happy and the gauge. Not familiar with that problem.

3 I have to keep it emissions legal so I have to use the purge and all . The wires for the motor should be plug and play right? Plug and play? Not even close. If you had a 96 it would be a case of cutting the injector plug off and soldering the new injector connectors on as well as adding about 10 wires for the coils. You however have a 95 which means a totally different harness as well as a high pressure fuel pump. A NV3500 is a marginal tranny at best but don't expect it to last behind a 6.0.

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I know the nv won't hold up . But I plan on t56 next year when the budget will allow besides its a fresh reman and I don't plan on beating on it so hopefully it will last that long . Shot they can hardly hold up to 195 horse let alone 300. So your fuel gauge reads right? I've been reading a lot and from what I gather the 95 sending unit is not compatible with the pcm so it won't read right?!? I