5.7 Vortec Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The other day while i was merging on the highway a car going about 80 was getting closing fast so i put it to the floor it down shifts the rpm go up to about 4800-5000
and it starts making this loud shhhhhhh noise then it up shifts back into OD and its at 2000 rpms still making this noise i then take my foot off the accelerator and the noise stops now when it gets up to 4000 or above it does it. the a.c was off and my truck also has 220000

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
it is hard to tell without actually hearing the sound but i would lean towards a vacuum leak or something along those lines. when it makes the sound does it act differently or does it act normal ?

Greg

Über Mod
Supporting Member
Reaction score
possible that it is as simple as the air rushing into your throttle body. That's what my truck does when I get that high into the RPMs.

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
possible that it is as simple as the air rushing into your throttle body. That's what my truck does when I get that high into the RPMs.

This is a new noise and when the rpm lower it still make that noise at the same volume until i let off the gas completly

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it is hard to tell without actually hearing the sound but i would lean towards a vacuum leak or something along those lines. when it makes the sound does it act differently or does it act normal ?

it feel like its losing a bit of power

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
i dont really know what else to add as far as a specific line or gasket. so just start at one end and work your way through checking lines and gaskets till you find something. but just like i said before that it is hard to tell without hearing or experienceing it myself so i could be wrong but for now it is the best i got. keep me updated though

97c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont really know what else to add as far as a specific line or gasket. so just start at one end and work your way through checking lines and gaskets till you find something. but just like i said before that it is hard to tell without hearing or experienceing it myself so i could be wrong but for now it is the best i got. keep me updated though
i'm planning on making a video of the noise and tommorow i'm going to search for a leak of some sort

barebones 1500

I'm That Guy
Reaction score
let me know, i will check it out and try my best to give a better direction

dcZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
220k how many times you done intake gaskets?

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine does that every now and then. i called my mechanic and he said it could be the gass im putting in it. so im going to put some cleaner in the tank and run 2 full tanks of super and see what happens.