5.7 TBI Low Oil Pressure Solution.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Nice. I like how you put it in the engine bay, that's pretty sweet! Saves a little time trying to mess with it underneath the truck with oil everywhere :lol:

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Yep. Mucho easier to change. However in its current location there will still be oil spill. I might fab somethin to make it more vertical.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Try replacing the oil pressure switch,or the oil pump.If the motor has high mileage probably just tired.I would never run lucas oil stabilizer its starts breaking down and foaming due to high heat.If you run lucas,get your motor up to operating temp and pull you dipstick youll see foam on it depending on how much you use.
I am just giving my advice on the problem, I only have 293,*** miles on my truck with original engine. I know for a fact oil stabilizer will raise the oil pressure safely. Never seen any of this foaming you talk of, I think you might have other issues going on. It is also great for getting oil to your lifters and keeps them nice and quiet. I switch to using synthetic stabilizer in winter. Works really well for ME, but apparently not for others.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I am just giving my advice on the problem, I only have 293,*** miles on my truck with original engine. I know for a fact oil stabilizer will raise the oil pressure safely. Never seen any of this foaming you talk of, I think you might have other issues going on. It is also great for getting oil to your lifters and keeps them nice and quiet. I switch to using synthetic stabilizer in winter. Works really well for ME, but apparently not for others.

Yep ive been using oil stabilizer in my 2003 ever since I got it, and it has increased the pressure some and ive never seen it faoming? I usually use oil stabilizer in most everything

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I use a product called 50+ (think thats the name..) Anyways its an additive that works pretty much the same way as STP oil treatment. Both do the same thing as those so called high mileage oils. I add this product in with every oil change on my high mileage gas powered vehicles.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone