5.7 Ignition/Computer Problems? NEED HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1low4door

Reaction score
One day my truck randomly decided to not start but would crank. Almost every sensor is brand new. Brand new distributor,wires,spark plugs. My truck will only start with the #3 cylinder spark plug wire unplugged but will only crank over and not start with the plug on the spark plug. I have no idea what this could be. Truck will only turn over by me crossing over the starter. Key won't start it.

1999 Crew Cab Short Bed
5.7 w/ 4l80
5/7 drop

1low4door

Reaction score
If anyone else runs into the problem it was the distributor cap. If your truck will crank but won't start, unplug the #3cylinder spark plug wire from the spark plug ( the second from the front on drivers side ) and if it cranks it is most likely your distributor cap!

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If anyone else runs into the problem it was the distributor cap. If your truck will crank but won't start, unplug the #3cylinder spark plug wire from the spark plug ( the second from the front on drivers side ) and if it cranks it is most likely your distributor cap!

What brand and how old was the cap and rotor?