4x4 Electrical - no power at T-case Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irving Molina

Reaction score
I recently got a 1997 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 from my uncle as he never used it anyways. I ran into a problem with the 4x4 not engaging, the selector switch flashes, times out and returns to 2wd. However, there is a noise in the transfer case that I believe is the motor working. I switched out the front axle actuator as I read it was a common issue but nothing changed. I checked for power and realized there was none. I’ve traced back the problem to the T case switch which is supposed to send power to the front axle actuator and switch. From what I understand the transfer case switch should have power at the brown wire (A) and when the transfer case engages send it through the blue wire (C). There is no power at the brown wire connector but the fuse is good and showing 12v. Thinking it was a broken wire I temporarily ran direct 12 volts to the connector but nothing happened except it blew the fuse for the circuit. I tried testing at splice 235 for power but I am not sure of it's location. At this point I am stumped but a lot of it is I am a bit rusty at reading diagrams, it’s been 2 years since I worked in a shop and was still learning when I got out.

You must be registered for see images attach