4l60e swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys i picked upp a used tranny for my 96 k1500 4x4. just looking to see if anyone has some info on the swap or a little step by step. does the exhaust have to come out in order to drop trans? and is there a gasket between the t-case and tranny?

thanks!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure about the gasket, but the exhaust definitely has to be moved. Might not have to take it all the way off, but at least unbolt it and push it to the side. I know because I had to take my truck back into the shop to have them fix an exhaust leak after my rebuild. :)

Abnahi0

Reaction score
o you won't have to worry about the speedometer. May need to modify the transmission crossmember slighty for the NV4500 but I'm not sure.???

jt1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure about the gasket, but the exhaust definitely has to be moved. Might not have to take it all the way off, but at least unbolt it and push it to the side. I know because I had to take my truck back into the shop to have them fix an exhaust leak after my rebuild. :)

bummmer haha. i really didnt want to play with the exhaust. i guess when i take the transfer case off ill see if there is a gasket to come off lol