4L60e Shifter sticks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lftd94z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some unknown reason my shifter on my column won't come out of park every time :gunner: (unless i'm lucky)

I believe there is a mechanism on the upper part of your brake pedal that is yellowish color that sometimes falls out of adjustment. When your depress your brake pedal it pushes on the mechanism that unlocks your Transmission that lets you shift in to gear.

I could not find this mechanism to check to see if it could be out of alignment. Is there any light anyone can shed on this or any other reasons why it would be doing this?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a 94 they do not have the shift interlock system on them. There only thing on the column other than the cable that could stop it is the ign mechanism.

lftd94z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
check the cable under the carpet, they wear through and bind up

I checked as far back as i could without taking the seat out...I'll do that tomorrow. but as far as i can tell its intact. Do they wear through the sheathing? or what exactly am I looking for?

lftd94z71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured it out. It was the brake switch was broken just enough to stop it from unlocking the shifter yet it would turn the brake lights on. Replaced it and it works like a charm :evillol: