4l60E No 4th gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I doubt my knee will be willing to depress clutch pedals when I'm 60...
I know this is a older post but if you ask some people the only time you need to push the petal is to start the engine to start out from a stop. My 71 year old mother can still push a clutch petal in so Im sure you will be able to as well.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I still manage to depress the pedal AND the wife. So THERE whippersnappers ! My truck is an automatic but I can still drive a stick. (oops not sure that came out right!)

I want to know how the trans work came out. Did that band get replaced? Damned if I would let it win.

Last edited:

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Not all knees were created equally! Mine gives me grief every now and then and I'm 32. Sounds like Eveready has magical genetics haha.

LoL I will use the clutch and save my synchros.. It's not a big truck with a heavy flywheel or whatever those things have to slow down input shaft speed change & make revmatching easier. I do double clutch and rev match the best I can but unless going into second at slow speed, I push the clutch in before changing gears.. I have a buddy who slips his clutch more than I do. Had a 2001 C1500 with a 4.3 and 5 speed he bought brand new. Had 240k miles on the original clutch before he replaced it and he only replaced it because he had to have the slave cylinder replaced and was there..