4l60e mess

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d-bo5

Reaction score
On a time crunch, so spare me the "theres already a thread on this" etc.because I've spent days reading through forums.

I bought a 1997 Chevy K1500 (auto). Bought it with a blown motor and was told the transmission was recently rebuilt. Put a new motor in the truck and it wouldnt shift out of 3rd. Parked it, tore out the transmission, plates were burnt to hell replaced them. Threw the truck back together.

Now - Truck runs fine in every gear except reverse and 1st. I can feel the transmission move into every single gear but when I accelerate nothing happens in first or reverse. My reverse lights are also not working anymore.

I'm thinking its electrical but its my first time doing this so I have no clue

The last thing I want to do is tear it back out and pull it apart, plates looked fine for 1st and reverse when i took it apart, sun shield was in good shape, so were planetary gears so idk what it could be.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Flying out of state on monday and would like to have it runnin by then