4HI doesnt engage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So im digging this back from the dead, the truck would engage 4 lo just fine but not 4 hi. Im planning an ls swap soonish to have a truck again since I sold my 800 crew cab. 4wd would be nice to have working. My question is do I have an internal problem with the t case or is it really just a $13 switch/sensor or whatever you want to call it on top of the case?

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
So im digging this back from the dead, the truck would engage 4 lo just fine but not 4 hi. Im planning an ls swap soonish to have a truck again since I sold my 800 crew cab. 4wd would be nice to have working. My question is do I have an internal problem with the t case or is it really just a $13 switch/sensor or whatever you want to call it on top of the case?

I switched that sensor and it didn't fix the problem for me. Maybe it will for you

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it doesn't im going to rig up a switch for it because if I jump it it engages, I will be rebuilding the tcase this summer anyway so maybe ill find the real problem, I hope to have a 5.3/60E combo in it this summer so I want everything working so I can start dding the obs.