454 vortech has no throttle?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Ive read I can do the egr pipe delete and sometimes it will throw the code sometime it wont. Also taking the intak silencer off.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Worth a shot, could always put it back if it does. Silencer mod is pretty easy

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ha yeah well the intake manifold I want to run is 6000. Ha crazy cant remember the name or find it anywhere. Saw it on powerblock tv

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The carbon xr . Thats the name of it.

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok got a comouter hooked up and my timing is 24* advanced. Gonna have to try and fix that.
Advance auto has a ob2 reader that checks live stats. Hopefully I can get it close with out it and go back up there.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
24 at idle sounds about right actually, maybe a hair too far, but not enough to worry. On a carbed or TBI engine once you set the initial (which is about 8-10*) and then hook the vac hose or advance wire back up that's right about where it jumps to. The PCM pulls the advance down as the engine encounters more load. If it's 24 at speed then yeah, you have a problem.

If you set your dizzy at 0* then you should be fine. Unlike carbed or TBI, that's all you can do besides getting it done with a scanner

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I jumped back in and the dizzy was slightly loose so I turned it just a tad and tightened it up again. Changed the fuel filter and didnt jump nearly as much. Gonna take a drive to advance and scan it again

Bricksack

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Timing is correct. Had it reset by the dealer . Still same issue. No change.