454 to Diesel Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Ahhh well then forget everything I mentioned except for the trans adapter, unless you use the Dodge trans, then just a driveshaft

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
Another option would be swapping your body onto a dodge frame, which one guy up here is doing.

Or just get a 6.5 mechanical turbo out of a 93, bolt it to your current transmission and drive the truck

...or or maybe buy a Sunfire? Not that I have one that i'm trying to get rid of or anything

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know who was bolt their body onto a dodge frame? The thought had truly crossed my mind to Frankenstein my truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
Body swap may sound tempting, but unless you are a pretty skilled fabricator I bed the fenders hood and doors wouldn't line up well

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As a 6.5 owner, I would like to give you this advice. Get a rabid squirrel to chew on your left nipple. Have an opossum rip your right nipple off. Get into a fist fight with a kangaroo on meth. Piss off a rattlesnake with an under bite to the point that it knaws on your manhood to the point that if you ever pee through your swollen member again that it works like the water sprayer in the vegetable aisle. Then get ***** repeatedly by an entire family of silverback gorillas with sexually transmitted diseases. Finally go to sleep naked in a prison without lube while handcuffed.

Owning a 6.5 is worse than that.

My ass still hurts.

ZachT

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah from the sounds of it I'm going to avoid going to a 6.5 or 6.2. Doesn't seem worth it in any way, shape, or form.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
As an additional GMT400 diesel anecdote since we're all sharing...

My dad has a buddy who does residential concrete work around here and makes pretty good money. Kind of guy who buys a new truck every few months because he can. Big time GM fan. When the GMT400 diesels became available he was the first person I knew who had one. About 6 weeks after driving it off the lot he blew it up on the job site. Engine replaced under warranty, about a month later he blew it again. Sold the truck, bought another one just like it, blew it up again. After that he sold it and went and bought a new Powerstroke Ford, and then stayed with that platform until GM released the Duramax.

Nylanderz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it funny how there's alot of people that thinks 6.5's the biggest piece of c...p ever made, but for example both me and my cousins 6.5 has done about 220,000 miles without any engine problems, and my dad's mate 6.5 was 285,000 on the odo when he sold it and it ran like a champ. All without any major faults, only the regular maintenance..

I'm not saying that it's worth it changing to a 6.5/6.2 but it's for sure not as bad of a engine imo. :)

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I find it funny how there's alot of people that thinks 6.5's the biggest piece of c...p ever made, but for example both me and my cousins 6.5 has done about 220,000 miles without any engine problems, and my dad's mate 6.5 was 285,000 on the odo when he sold it and it ran like a champ. All without any major faults, only the regular maintenance..
Y'all may have had good luck (so far) but you're not in the majority. These engines have a horrible reputation and they earned it. Enjoy yours while they're running, maybe you got the only good ones. ;)

Richard