45-55 mph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have

I have 33” tires and like a 2” lift. When I’m going the speed limit under slight accel. At 45 it jumps then starts the choppy exhaust sound and loss of power

Does the RPM drop signifigantly when this happens? Seems as if it coincides with where the factory tune should lockup in 4th gear. Simple solution is hold it in 3rd until you get to an adequate cruising speed. It will be easier on your transmission as the converter will lock in 3rd, reducing heat.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does the RPM drop signifigantly when this happens? Seems as if it coincides with where the factory tune should lockup in 4th gear. Simple solution is hold it in 3rd until you get to an adequate cruising speed. It will be easier on your transmission as the converter will lock in 3rd, reducing heat.
I think the rpms drop to like 1000

RokRoland

Reaction score
On my truck (used to be my dad's truck) someone installed a toggle switch to bypass converter lock up.

23 years later, I figured out what that switch was. In 1996 the dealer said it's the remains of a car phone that used to be installed so don't worry about it. I calculate an excess of 3000 liters of gasoline spent due to that bloody switch.

_nickjoseph

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my truck (used to be my dad's truck) someone installed a toggle switch to bypass converter lock up.

23 years later, I figured out what that switch was. In 1996 the dealer said it's the remains of a car phone that used to be installed so don't worry about it. I calculate an excess of 3000 liters of gasoline spent due to that bloody switch.
How did they do that?