350 thermostat questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikester

Reaction score
Hi folks, guess the riddle is solved: the hose from/to the overflow reservoir was totally blocked.
Couldnt try with the new thermostat yet but I m pretty posistive. Does this make sense?

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
Yes it does make sense. Air could not flow out nor coolant be able to flow back into the radiator after the system cooled down. Glad you found your problem.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I personally prefer to use the T fitting in the heater hose to flush and fill the cooling system. I found one at NAPA, and helped a buddy install it on his car, which he could not fully purge of air. With the T fitting, the air burped out right away.

Prestone have one of those fittings branded with their name, but they should be in most auto parts stores, some with house brand names.

77Impala

The Hauler
Reaction score
The only problem with the tee fitting adapter is that when you want to back flush a clogged heater core it may not do it. The water will find the path of least resistance. I use to use them as well but have not for the last 8 years. I have found a few heater cores that no matter what you could not back flush them, they had to be replaced. If you have a good system to start with and never use stop leak and flush fill every 2 to 3 years then they work very well.