350 TBI fast idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 95 gmc k1500 wit a 350 tbi. It runs fine but it idles at 1100 rpm in park once warmed up and about 900 in drive. When braking it's like the truck doesn't want to slow down. My truck shot the IAC code and I replaced it but it's still shooting the code. I tried adjusting the idle screw but mine is capped from the factory. Any help would be appreciated

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
1st. Check your base idle. Jumper terminals A&B on the ALDL, turn on the key wait 15-20 seconds and unplug the IAC. Verify that the IAC pintel is fully seated and then start the truck. See if the idle is correct, if not diagnose the cause for the high idle.

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1st. Check your base idle. Jumper terminals A&B on the ALDL, turn on the key wait 15-20 seconds and unplug the IAC. Verify that the IAC pintel is fully seated and then start the truck. See if the idle is correct, if not diagnose the cause for the high idle.
My truck has a tach from the factory. But I just discovered a vacuum leak on the bottom left corner of the tbi. Is there supposed to be a gasket there or just silicone? If there's a gasket can anybody send me a link to the part?

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
My truck has a tach from the factory. But I just discovered a vacuum leak on the bottom left corner of the tbi. Is there supposed to be a gasket there or just silicone? If there's a gasket can anybody send me a link to the part?

Yes, there is a gasket, do not use silicone on the TBI unit. GM part number 10129563

scott_williams2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, there is a gasket, do not use silicone on the TBI unit. GM part number 10129563
Oh sh*t I just read ur post. I bought and replaced the gasket but I also used silicone for extra seal. Will it cause something bad??? Otherwise the truck runs awesome better than it ever has. Idles in park warm at 800 and in drive at 600. I'm not embarrassed to let my truck idle anymore lmao