1997 Chevy Suburban 4Dr Drivers window switch.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everybody, i would like some advice before i spend money on a replacement switch. The drivers window switch operates both sides just fine when rolled down however it won’t roll up the passenger and rear passenger window. I’m planning to look though the service manual to see if i can solve the issue, has any one dealt with this issue? Any solutions before i buy a replacement?

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd prolly buy it as it may not be very expensive, and replace to see if it solved the issue-this way you'll eliminate one part out of equation if it still doesn't work. Or start jumping the plug that goes to the switch and see if it works. After deliberation maybe start jumping the plug first lol

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
" Jumping the plug? " Can you use a test light? Read an electric diagram? Is buying a new switch to take it out of the equation the best choice?

drag sgt

Reaction score
Do the passenger and rear passenger individual window controllers work to roll-up/down their respective windows? If not, there's a test procedure for it in the service manual; section 8A-120-0.

In all instances it comes down to using a test light on backprobed wiring pairs and seeing if it comes on when the button is pressed up/down.

RR = Lt Grn / Ppl

LR = Dr Grn / Ppl

RF = Lt Blu / Tan

LF = Dk Blu / Brn

97Kharon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the passenger and rear passenger individual window controllers work to roll-up/down their respective windows? If not, there's a test procedure for it in the service manual; section 8A-120-0.

In all instances it comes down to using a test light on backprobed wiring pairs and seeing if it comes on when the button is pressed up/down.

RR = Lt Grn / Ppl

LR = Dr Grn / Ppl

RF = Lt Blu / Tan

LF = Dk Blu / Brn
All other window switches work just having issues with the driver switch. Planning on testing the wires today.