1997 Chev C1500 Short Box Reg Cab 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

simmer94

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I'm new to this awesome site. I've already spent hours and hours on it and haven't even made a dent.

I've recently purchased a 1997 C1500 Reg. Cab Short Box w/ V6. RED

The V6 is a GM rebuild 25,000m ago, runs really well, it will do for now, but its going to come out soon.

I am going to start looking into throwing a V8 in it, don't know what engine yet, or what to do with tranny at that time, but im pretty stoked for that.

First thing I've done is got a set of 285/50/20's, with nice chrome rims.

It may be a little ass backwards, but I am going to get the interior and exterior completed first, and then do engine last.

I am picturing this one finished a little lower (not too low)(Front dropped little lower than rear), Cowl hood, Red, Black SS Stripes.

If any one has anything to throw at me for ideas in regards to existing trucks or work in progress, that would be great!

Great site here folks, thanks for having me!

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Welcome! Pics please! Sounds like you got a solid plan going. For small block power a 350 is great. Tbi isn't a power monster but very simple to work on and not a whole lot of wiring nightmares to deal with.

Sent from what is likely a government flagged smartphone. Tyler/T-Unit