1995 5.7 tbi idling issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnlavin

Reaction score
Hey everyone i've been having problems lately with my 95 k1500 4x4 5.7 tbi idling weird once warmed up

my uncle replaced the ecm complete distributor wire plugs fuel pump tank lines filter and plugs

i personally replaced the coolant temp sensor and the coil (spark was jumping everywhere at night)

the truck will start fine run fine at about 800-1000 rpm then when it starts to get warm it wants to start idling rough and wanting to shut off when i first started it at night and noticed the jumping spark i replaced the coil and solved the issue of hard starting and not starting after being warm

this truck has truly stumped me there isn't much more that can be replaced at this point right?

90halfton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey everyone i've been having problems lately with my 95 k1500 4x4 5.7 tbi idling weird once warmed up

my uncle replaced the ecm complete distributor wire plugs fuel pump tank lines filter and plugs

i personally replaced the coolant temp sensor and the coil (spark was jumping everywhere at night)

the truck will start fine run fine at about 800-1000 rpm then when it starts to get warm it wants to start idling rough and wanting to shut off when i first started it at night and noticed the jumping spark i replaced the coil and solved the issue of hard starting and not starting after being warm

this truck has truly stumped me there isn't much more that can be replaced at this point right?
Could very likely be tbi base gasket or some other kind of vacuum leak. Spray some starting fluid around possible vacuum leaks while it's running and see if ya find it. Doing it only while warm could be iac valve needing cleaned out too. Few years back I pulled mine off and it was pretty gross. Cleaned it up with some carb cleaner, lubed up the shaft with some 4 in 1 oil and it's worked like a champ ever since. I think there's a more complete and accurate write up somewhere on here on how to do it if ya look. I would stop throwing parts at it though til you've ruled out all the easy maintenance stuff.