1994 Silverado c3500 intermittent draining of battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pun1

Reaction score
My 1999 gm c3500 auto with a 454, 105k original miles. Intermittently, the fuel pump keeps running. I can leave it alone a few days and it doesn't run. Drive the truck for weeks , with zero issues. Then one day, it will just keep running. I pull fp fuse to kill it, when it does. I replaced the oil pressure sending unit, still runs at times. I am next going to replace am the ignition switch. Truck is unmolested and pretty much just an old truck, damn it's fun at times.
First post, hope it doesn't drive y'all mad.
Chris Perez thank you!!!!

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Before you go to the trouble of swapping out the ignition switch check the fuel pump relay. Make sure that it is not staying energized due to bad contacts.

Pun1

Reaction score
Before you go to the trouble of swapping out the ignition switch check the fuel pump relay. Make sure that it is not staying energized due to bad contacts.
If I pull the fuel pump relay, the pump still runs, due to the oil pressure sending unit as a backup, power supply. I already replaced, oil sender. I'll try cleaning contacts and posts, on fp relay, thank you so much!!!