1993 K1500 transmisson problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Powellbr

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and got wondering if anyone has any ideas about the issues on my truck. The transmission is to the point where I have to manually shift it, there's no first gear anymore, and I don't have overdrive, so I'm stuck with 2nd and 3rd. It started one day when I went to back out of the driveway and go somewhere during the summer, don't remember what I was doing that day. However, reverse is fine and in 2nd it seems like the ebrake is on but when it first started doing this, I pulled on the ebrake handle several times in a row and it wasn't engaged and the warning light wasn't on on the dash, although sometimes it will randomly come on, although my idea is that the light has a lose wire somewhere, although I'm not concerned about that right now, and it seems like the I have low manifold vacuum because the brakes are sketchy sometimes on warm days and grip fine when it's raining. Anyway, thanks in advance for the information.