1993 4X4 brakes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cso21

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
did 1993 run in the mill 1/2 ton truck come with anti lock brakes, needing to replace master cly in near future, during tune up noticed master cly leaking between booster and rear of master cly. after reading forums, bleeding brakes seem difficult and air getting trapped. I don't want end up with spongy pedal

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have rear wheel anti lock (RWAL). It's that thing with the two cylinders and the wires hanging right under your master cylinder.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
A lot of people bypass that RWAL system to firm up their brakes. Its really simple since your already going to bleed them anyway.

cso21

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the advice, next payday and dry day going tackle it. time to clean up engine compartment, did not realize how nasty it had gotten

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you're replacing master cylinder, might as well get the master cylinder from the gmt800 platform. I swapped one from a 2002 Tahoe along with SS braided brake lines and it made a huge difference in stopping power.