1992 GMC with rotted cab supports, need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMC92

Reaction score
Hey All,

Newbie here, just picked up a 92 Sierra 4X4 that has a great body, runs good
but the cab supports are shot.
They are beyond repairing or welding them up.
Been trying to locate info on others who had the same issue
and what they did to fabricate them or if new parts are available.

Thanks, Rick

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm in mass my buddy runs a salvage yard I can check with him what it would cost to have the 4 mounts taken off of another truck they can torch the rivets and you can remove your old ones and bolt in the good ones. He ships ups so thats not an issue there.I'll let you know what he says in a day or so

GMC92

Reaction score
I'm in mass my buddy runs a salvage yard I can check with him what it would cost to have the 4 mounts taken off of another truck they can torch the rivets and you can remove your old ones and bolt in the good ones. He ships ups so thats not an issue there.I'll let you know what he says in a day or so

Sounds good, let me know. Mine are welded to the frame though??

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
should be the factory rivets you can grind or torch the heads off on the brackets side and then knock them thru with a air chisel

GMC92

Reaction score
Mine are all welded, no rivets.
The rear cab mount also supports the front of the bed.

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh ok that makes a big difference being welded.What is rotted on yours,if its the part where the body bushing sits the easy fix for those is to cut plates to weld on the tops for the bushing to sit on drill the center out for the bolt to go thru 3/16" or 5/16" steel should be plenty thick enough for that