1992 Chevy 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunter712

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've got an issue.... Obviously haha. So the other night I dropped a friend off and on my way home I smelt somthing weird. I get home and I start looking at my fuses and wires, my 4wd fuse is completely melted. Only thing left is the two metal prongs from the fuse( great I know). I also noticed that there are three wires going from the driver side to passenger side ( blk single wire, gry and bwn two wires).They too where melted together. My 4wd doesn't work( I wonder why)... And neither does my dash lights. Any input would be great. I'm stumped. Thank you.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like something died. Fuses in cab or engine bay. Wires in cab or engine bay. Trace wires to where?

Hunter712

Reaction score
Sounds like something died. Fuses in cab or engine bay. Wires in cab or engine bay. Trace wires to where?
Fuse inside cab and wires inside. The wires are under the carpet on the driver side. I think they might run over to the blower area.