1992 5.7 to lq4 swap wiring question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bent

Reaction score
I am new here as far as posting but I have been reading about lsx swaps on this site for a while and appreciate all the great info you guys have contributed.I will be starting an install on lq4 in place of a 5.7 tbi in a 92 k1500 700r4 soon. and have a question for you guys that have done this.
I am looking at placing the pcm for the 6.0 on the passenger side fenderwell like many of you have
is the best way to go to have the harness converted to stand alone. and if so what if anything will the factory pcm be needed for. I will be using the drive by cable and a bowtie throttle valve controller for the 700r4

I Have read alot of debates about using the 4l60/80e etc versus the r4 but it has been recently built and when it burns up that will prob be phase II of the project.
350 is already out just cleaning up engine installing fuel pump etc for now. any info you guys have is greatly appreciated.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach