1988 GMC C3500 - Suggestions please!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pmndlt

Reaction score
Hi All, Great site - pulled the trigger last week and picked up a 1988 Regular Cab Long Box 3500. 5.7L, 88,000kms. Chose this one since it was in decent shape, kms check out and has the camper special package. Anyone else have a Camper special or a SW 1 Ton?

Short term goal is to clean up (fix code 22 lol like every TBI I've owned) and make reliable. Long term I hope to use it to tow my 1988 Iroc around and load my camper on. Any suggestions on making tow ready, tune up tips, problem areas or threads to read first? Cheers all.

Oh. Big challenge is my tan interior its not in great shape - I'll be looking for an interior too!

You must be registered for see images attach

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Congrats! Looks like a nice truck! I like it!

That one has the TH400. What axle and axle ratio do you have? Dana 70 and 3.73 maybe? Those PYO wheels look great on these GMT400 trucks. I just got a set of PYOs for my 00 GMT400 K3500.

I'd say put all new fluids and coolant and inspect/replace rubber hoses, belts, etc.