0411 HPT OS Upgrades - Now Truck Doesn't Want to Run . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone do these upgrades to their 0411 . . . and then basically have the truck not run?

You must be registered for see images attach

These popped up as possible while I was doing a 4l80e segment swap . . . I went ahead and did them (foolishly . . . I have no idea why I did any of the 2 or 3 bar stuff). Now HP Tuners VCM shows me a ton of stuff I barely understand, and though the core elements in the tune (those I had in my initial tune) didn't change (MAF table, for instance, was custom, and it's the same), the truck is barely running . . . I assume something that got added and defaulted is causing the issue . . . there's so many new things someone with my skill level can't pick it out.

I've had the truck apart for months . . . but I haven't touched the engine (except to bolt and unbolt the exhaust), it ran fine before I started, and now it barely wants to run . . .

Anyone else have this issue? If there isn't a quick fix I'll just see if I can go back to the old OS and tune - I assume I can figure out how to do that. If worst comes to worst I have another 0411 sitting on the shelf, I can grab that and start over.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Anyone do these upgrades to their 0411 . . . and then basically have the truck not run?

You must be registered for see images attach

These popped up as possible while I was doing a 4l80e segment swap . . . I went ahead and did them (foolishly . . . I have no idea why I did any of the 2 or 3 bar stuff). Now HP Tuners VCM shows me a ton of stuff I barely understand, and though the core elements in the tune (those I had in my initial tune) didn't change (MAF table, for instance, was custom, and it's the same), the truck is barely running . . . I assume something that got added and defaulted is causing the issue . . . there's so many new things someone with my skill level can't pick it out.

I've had the truck apart for months . . . but I haven't touched the engine (except to bolt and unbolt the exhaust), it ran fine before I started, and now it barely wants to run . . .

Anyone else have this issue? If there isn't a quick fix I'll just see if I can go back to the old OS and tune - I assume I can figure out how to do that. If worst comes to worst I have another 0411 sitting on the shelf, I can grab that and start over.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I've used the upgrades with no issues. First off, did you do a write entire after the upgrade or just a write calibration?
I'll PM you my email so you can send me your original "good" tune and your upgraded tune. I'll take a look

Awest623

Reaction score
My guess is you didn't copy over your MAP sensor calibration settings and VE table, and/or didn't perform a "write entire" after the upgrade.

Awest623

Reaction score
I sent you an email but Imma also post it here for everyone else.

Your OS is a little different from the one I'm running, but I do see one issue that might be screwing it up. The OS upgrade created a new VE multiplier table. The maximum value for it is 2.0, but right now it's set to 32. Try changing it 1.0 across the board. I went ahead a did it so you can see the table I'm talking about.

m002922

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was it. Changed it to one, it took a bit to start, but once it figured out where it was it settled in and idled fine. All the thanks. For anyone reading this, I didn't notice that VE multiplier issue show up when comparing files - and I'm now comparing the updated file to the old file now and I still don't see it . . . so I don't know where that error was introduced. Maybe some 1s and 0s got crossed on upload. Who knows.

Awest623

Reaction score
That was it. Changed it to one, it took a bit to start, but once it figured out where it was it settled in and idled fine. All the thanks. For anyone reading this, I didn't notice that VE multiplier issue show up when comparing files - and I'm now comparing the updated file to the old file now and I still don't see it . . . so I don't know where that error was introduced. Maybe some 1s and 0s got crossed on upload. Who knows.
Sounds great man. Glad it worked out

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk