02 sensor problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
Alright guys I’ve checked all my fuses & replaced all four of the 02 sensors on my 96 k1500. The exhaust ive got ran is stock from the manifolds to the flange behind the converts with no muffler to dual exhaust the rest of the way. I’m still getting this code here any ideas ?

You must be registered for see images attach

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I kept having those downstream sensors giving me problems. I have a buddy with HP Tuners, 10 mins and tuned them out. Along with the vats/passlock security bullsh1t and EGR.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're sure that the sensors and wiring are good (what brand sensors did you use?) then there's a good chance that your cats are bad. I had this same issue with my red truck. It's a V6 so it's only got one cat and sensor bank, but it had a persistent P0140 code even after I replaced the bank one position two sensor with a new ACDelco unit. Put on a Magnaflow Y-pipe/cat and the code disappeared.

Deathpunch0311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IIRC I read somewhere that these trucks really favor AC Delco and Bosch o2 sensors. I went through 4 down streams before I had them tuned out.
But I had new cats when my kept going. Like df2x4 said check your cats they could be clogged/bad.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here’s the diagnostic table for P0140 for a 98. Maybe it will help for your 96.

Do you have any exhaust leaks upstream of these sensors?

Connector C1 at VCM:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tdean91491

Something about an OBS
Reaction score
I appreciate all the feed back guys! I’ll start from the top and go from there. I sure thought those sensors would have fixed it. The sensors are denso sensors. I haven’t heard any leaks but I’ll throw it on the lift while it’s running and check. & east302 I’ll try to decipher what you posted this afternoon when I get off work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk