“Police Issue” Vortec Heads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I’m seeing some differences in the passages from what I can tell. Can anyone identify if these are the LT1 heads or if I have something different?
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Definately LT1s.

These are aluminum gen 1 small block heads. Notice the difference

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I’m seeing some differences in the passages from what I can tell. Can anyone identify if these are the LT1 heads or if I have something different?
You must be registered for see images

Those things need some love...

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They're lt1 heads.Would require much more work than their worth and they're not really much better than vortecs. Just buy good heads it'll be cheaper.
^^^Agreed....The aluminum heads I posted pictures of, I bought as $399 bare castings off Amazon and built. I am into them $800 and everything in them is new and really nice. I have tools to do my own valve jobs and assemble the heads though. Those are actually set number 2 I have built in the past month. These are destined for a nasty little 383 in a streep/strip Malibu my buddy owns and the 1st pair is on the 350 in my Express van. I made $200 sourcing parts, doing a valve job and assembling the heads. Not bad for two evenings of working a couple of hours and 30 minutes ordering parts. ~$50/hr, lol.

Last edited:

NightRunner

Resident Junkman
Reaction score
Sounds good, looks like I’ll sell these as cores and stick with the TBI heads for now. Thanks all!