Spark plug gap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Say guys I already bought my V groove NGK plugs for my 93 GMC 5.7 OBS with the whole MSD set up now I have always installed them at 35' gap now should I open them up now since I have the whole MSD set up or just leave it as is?

I'm thinking I should just leave them to where I have been setting them up at why mess up a good thing but if somebody has any info please share it with me. Im a lazy butt and I run my plugs for years and they never go bad even when I remove them and there at around 75' gap. Let me add this when I changed them years ago they were at 75' and I was still getting good gas mileage or the same if they were set at 35'

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
1. Take MSD box off
2. Put on CL
3. Sell to some kid who doesn't know better
4. Install at 35 gap.

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run al the MSD stuff on my truck I have my plugs gaped right at 35 because of it being supercharged. On your set up Id open them up to 40 or 42 it will give you help your MPG on the open road.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1. Take MSD box off
2. Put on CL
3. Sell to some kid who doesn't know better
4. Install at 35 gap.

What is CL? So you think that MSD makes junk when my little brother is running 9.3 in the 1/4 mile with MSD stuff? RAGMC I was thinking of that same thing for better MPG it's just that I wanted some more info from other members. I have heard of some people having problems with MSD but to date I have had no problems and my stuff has been on my truck for over 15 years thanks guys. FastOrange wallaceracing.com has good info that might help you on your Pontiac I also like your line up on rides.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run a MSD box as well and have had no issues so far, I know they eat spark plugs faster then normal but you can open the gap up to 50-55 gap

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
i'm running a msd box with msd coil and taylor wires.. what i've found msd wires are overpriced garbage.. much happier with my taylors. anyways i never even gapped my plus when i installed them and its been running good.

"STROKER ACE"

Reaction score
Hey just for some fun facts, msd is only good to about 3000( for the multiple spark discharge) rpms tops. most coils cant keep up with the saturation. Msd works well on high compression big cams street/strip aps.

Last edited: