IAC counts high

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhworkin

Reaction score
And way too much fuel pressure. I'm guessing the ECM was trying to lean it out to the point it was shutting the injectors off at cruise.
Yep, it was like turning the key off except it still had brakes and steering.
I had a slight hesitation with FP at15 psi so I dropped it to 13.5 and never had a problem when I drove 120 miles today.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running 14psi,that's where I ran off the end of the adjuster screw. The best way I know of to determine optimal FP is to try to achieve 85% injector duty cycle at WOT.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best way I know of to determine optimal FP is to try to achieve 85% injector duty cycle at WOT.
And watch your WBO2. A little story; With my EBL, I tried 454 injectors @15 PSI in my 46mm TB. I set it to run "Learn VE" where the ECM adjusts AFR based on the WBO2 (you can run it on a NB2). While driving around, it ran OK with lower Injector Duty Cycle than my 61 LB/HR at 18 PSI. Then I pulled up to a stop sign, with engine fully warmed up, the EBL shut off the injectors totally, then would open them, then close them, rinse and repeat. That's when I went back to the 61LB/HR and 18PSI spring @ 20PSI - idled fine and ~90 VE (12.5 AFR, a little rich) at WOT and 5300 RPM in 2nd gear, good enough! :waytogo:

dhworkin

Reaction score
And watch your WBO2. A little story; With my EBL, I tried 454 injectors @15 PSI in my 46mm TB. I set it to run "Learn VE" where the ECM adjusts AFR based on the WBO2 (you can run it on a NB2). While driving around, it ran OK with lower Injector Duty Cycle than my 61 LB/HR at 18 PSI. Then I pulled up to a stop sign, with engine fully warmed up, the EBL shut off the injectors totally, then would open them, then close them, rinse and repeat. That's when I went back to the 61LB/HR and 18PSI spring @ 20PSI - idled fine and ~90 VE (12.5 AFR, a little rich) at WOT and 5300 RPM in 2nd gear, good enough! :waytogo:
When I had the FP to high the same was happening except right before it got to rich to stall out the ECM would pull it back and the idle was up and down.