Help with p1345 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmoody528

Reaction score
I have a 97 k2500 suburban 7.4 vortec 136k miles getting a p1345 code saying crankshaft and camshaft position sensor.

I have no rough idle no stalling issues, only occasionally when I start maybe once per week the rpm’s fall to where it sputters and go back up after a second.

The distributor hasn’t been touched ever since I’ve had it at 118k miles and no issues until now.

I’m wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and what the solution was, I’ve read it could be either sensor, a distributor and rotor issue, or a timing chain issue.

I have an obd2 code reader but it won’t actively read engine data.

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you ck'd to see if this site may have the service information or diagnostic manual for your truck ? Never worked on many big blocks but driveability is driveability whether it's 20 cu. In. or 2000. I don't have that info so I'll have to refresh my memory before I could be of much help, but will get back to you

Kmoody528

Reaction score
yeah i have most of what i find is for 5.7s they seem to be similar architecture I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing. While the drivability is fine i need an emission test within the next 90 days. Ill probably go pick up a scan tool with live data today and see if i can check the cam retard it seems like the most common problem considering everything runs fine. I guess my question would be can the engine come out of time with wear and tear or maybe temperature fluctuation?

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes, especially if only starting occasionally, reason being if engine sets then lubrication (oil) is going to follow gravity and return to oil pan so everytime you start engine , is like a dry start no lubrication for just a short period of time, which means wear on rotating or moving parts, which could eventually cause a problem or ses light to come on .

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So ,I think you need access to scanner, download and read chart for your application which will very likely be in service manual sticky and go from there. Hope this helps