96 GMC K2500 Suburban Restoration (with a couple of mods)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After sleeping on it, I decided that my getting that wheel unstuck after yesterday’s failed attempts was an unlikely outcome, at least within a realistic amount of time. And, quite likely, one or more of the other wheels could be in similar shape. I had neither the time nor energy for that.

So I called Jim’s shop this morning (Friday), and told him about the stuck wheel, and that we were leaving Monday morning, towing the camper. He said to bring it in after lunch and he’d pull all four wheels and get it sorted out.

They’re buried in work, as Friday is a busy day, and they’re a busy shop anyway; but he fit me in.

Besides doing decent work, his willingness to accommodate me on short notice on more than one occasion is why I’ve become a loyal customer.

He just came into the waiting room to tell me that they got the rear wheels off without too much trouble, and are wire brushing the hubs before they go back together. The front wheels, however, are proving much more challenging. They’re supposed to be tight anyway, but not too tight. Bringing it to him seems like a good decision.

Next up is installing the new trailer brake controller, which ought to connect right up to the existing wiring for the current controller. That’s something I don’t mind doing, at least in concept.

That’s the plan, anyway. We’ll see how it goes.