89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the deck plugs is what I was referring to. I was wondering if anyone would notice them. They are supposed to help stiffen the cylinders.
How much of a problem is cylinder stiffness on a street motor? I haven't seen anyone attribute a failure or loss of horsepower to it. Genuinely curious.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much of a problem is cylinder stiffness on a street motor? I haven't seen anyone attribute a failure or loss of horsepower to it. Genuinely curious.
Yeah it probably isn’t needed for this application, it’s more of a teaching moment for my son. Some of the things we are doing is way overkill for this truck, but it’s fun doing it with him and gets him to respect it more. Maybe he won’t destroy his first vehicle, I hope.

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it probably isn’t needed for this application, it’s more of a teaching moment for my son. Some of the things we are doing is way overkill for this truck, but it’s fun doing it with him and gets him to respect it more. Maybe he won’t destroy his first vehicle, I hope.
Let's hope not! Too nice of a truck for that to happen to it...